It is very easy to recognize a true disciple of JESUS CHRIST. This is what a true disciple of JESUS The CHRIST looks like.
I. Believes HIS doctrine
What is the Doctrine of JESUS The CHRIST?
The person of JESUS
- HIS humanity
- HE had human parents though HE Is The Only Begotten SON of The FATHER our GOD Most High
- HE grew and had needs as we do
- HE took on the appearance of humankind
- HE possessed a body/flesh, HE has a soul, and HE has a spirit that is filled in the Spirit
- HE was subjected to the same sinful infirmities of humanity as we are today, yet remained sinless
- HE had a common human name
The Deity of JESUS The CHRIST
- Divine names are given to HIM
- Divine worship is attributed to HIM
- Divine qualities and properties are possessed by HIM
- Divine offices are laid on HIM
- Divine attributes are possessed by HIM
- CHRIST/MESSIAH’s [JESUS] name is linked with that of The FATHER
The Self-Consciousness of JESUS manifested
- HIS baptism
- HIS being tempted
- HE called the twelve and the seventy disciples
- The sermon on the mount; Matt. 5-7 [the longest sermon recorded]
The work of JESUS The CHRIST
- HIS death
- HIS resurrection
- HIS ascension
- HIS exaltation
II. Rest on HIS sacrifice
What does the sacrifice of JESUS look like?
- HE offered HIMself, HIS person, HIS humanity to GOD The FATHER
- HE offered HIMself “without blemish or spot.” Sinless
- The sacrifice of JESUS was full, perfect, and accepted as HE, HIMself offered and presented HIS humanity to GOD-Almighty.
- The sacrifice of JESUS was Spiritually and humanly perfect as our offering
III. Drink in HIS Spirit
How do we drink in the Holy Ghost/Spirit?
- Setting our hearts/minds on the things of the Spirit
- Directing our minds to the teachings of JESUS
- Directing our mind to the teachings of the Apostles
IV. Imitate JESUS
How to be imitators of JESUS?
- Pray for others
- Have compassion and love for others
- Feed the hungry
- Invite people to JESUS
- Share JESUS
- Give self to others
- Die to your desires and allow CHRIST to live fully within you so that we may be of service to others
Let us be honest and do a self-examination of ourselves. Of the four characteristics listed above, how many are nonexistent in you? I will begin with myself; truth be told I do not imitate HIS example often enough.
Are you wondering did JESUS leave us examples to do in our everyday life? Here are just a few.
- HE spoke about the Kingdom of GOD
- HE delivered people from demonic possession
- HE healed the sick
- HE gave sight to the blind
- HE opened deaf ears
- HE ruined funerals by raising the dead
- HE fed the hungry
- HE set captives free
- HE showed compassion for people
- HE showed love to others
- HE forgives
- HE was/is the perfect sacrifice for humankind
- HE humbled HIMself
- HE allowed HIMself to be abused physically, emotionally, and mentally for humankind
And I can go on and on about the examples JESUS has given to us for our everyday use with ourselves and with others.
I hope that you are a fellow disciple with me and if you are not, you may become one this very instant. All you need to do is.
- Believe in JESUS
- Have Faith in JESUS
- Turn your Reliance onto JESUS and off of you and others
- Trust in JESUS
Romans 10:8-11 The Word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart (that is, the word of faith which we preach): that if you confess with your mouth the LORD JESUS and believe in your heart that GOD has raised HIM/JESUS from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes in righteousness, and with the mouth, confession is made to salvation. The Scripture says, “Whoever [that means you] believes on HIM/JESUS will not be put to shame, not found guilty, not disgraced, have no regret, have no remorse, not embarrassed, not dishonored, and not discredited.”
If you believed Romans 10:8-11 and took action this is great! Welcome to the family, if we never meet here on earth, I will see you in our eternal home-Heaven with the FATHER, JESUS, and Holy Ghost/Spirit.
AMFBeM © TM