That our heart and mind are connected. Those things that we entertain in our thoughts of the mind can and do graduate to the heart. How do I know this? It is simple, the scripture instructs us in this. “But those things which proceed out of the mouth come from the heart and they defile the man [shows our uncleanliness]” [Matt. 15:18].
This is why we must obey the instructions given to us in the scripture, “Don’t copy [no longer live with] the behavior and customs of this world, but let GOD transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know GOD’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect”. [Rom. 12:2]
If you are unclear as to how we are to go about this, I will help you.
- Do not be surprised that I [JESUS The CHRIST, The MESSIAH, GOD] have told you, “You must be born again” [reborn from above—spiritually transformed, renewed, sanctified]. John 3:7
- I [John] indeed baptized you with water, but HE [JESUS] will baptize you with the Holy Spirit. Mark 1:8
- Study to show yourself approved unto GOD, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. 2 Tim. 2:15
Then we may be able to:
- Keep our heart with all diligence
- Guard and protect our mind
- Guard our heart
- Being very careful about what we think/entertain
- Because out of it flows the issues of our life
- It is the source of our life consequences
- Our thoughts run our lives
Death and Life are in the power of the tongue: Whichever one we choose to love that is the fruit that we will eat. Proverbs 18:21