“I will ransom them from the power of the grave; I will redeem them from death. O death, I will be your plagues! O grave, I will be your destruction! Pity is hidden from MY eyes.”
As I was looking over the word redeem; I began to think about what I had been redeemed from through CHRIST JESUS. Take a look at what I came up with.
- I was purchased back to The LORD GOD.
- The LORD JESUS paid off my debt from sin.
- The LORD JESUS recovered me from the pit.
- CHRIST JESUS converted me from sinner to righteousness.
- The LORD JESUS fulfilled all the requirements for punishment on my behalf.
- I obtained release from the bondage of the law and sin.
- I have been restored to The FATHER.
- I have been delivered from sin and its consequences by the sacrifice of JESUS CHRIST.
As I studied the above scripture; I took a shine to the Young’s Literal Translation of the bible. The Old Testament is originally written in Hebrew. Read and see for yourself; just how much punch the meaning of being redeemed is.
From the hand of sheol I do ransom them, from death I redeem them, where is thy plague, death? Where is thy destruction, sheol? Repentance is hid from MINE eyes.
The meaning of sheol is; the abode of the dead, hell.
In redemption comes deliverance and with deliverance I’ve gotten.
- The enemy had to give me back to The LORD JESUS. Don’t be fooled; he did not just hand me over. JESUS had to snatch me just like HE snatched the keys.
- I am the possession of CHRIST JESUS.
- I am set free.
- I am liberated.
- I am released from being oppressed and from the wicked one.
- I am Saved through The LORD JESUS.
So let’s take one last look; being that I am redeemed and delivered; I have also been ransomed. That’s right; I had a price on my head and no one was able to pay the price other than JESUS.
- JESUS paid the price in full for me.
- JEUS delivered and rescued me from sin and all that comes with the Adamic curse.
- I am no longer held captive by the enemy and sin because I have been delivered.
- The chains that once held me prisoner and a slave; have been unlocked. The blind fold has been removed and I no longer walk in the dark. Nothing holds me in bondage any longer.
Now you have to admit that viewing how you have been redeemed has taken on a different look and meaning.