Then Moses said to the LORD, “See, YOU say to me, ‘Bring up this people.’ But YOU have not let me know whom YOU will send with me. Yet YOU have said, ‘I know you by name, and you have also found grace in MY sight.’ Now therefore, I pray, if I have found grace in YOUR sight, show me now YOUR way, that I may know YOU and that I may find grace in YOUR sight. And consider that this nation is YOUR people.” And the LORD GOD said, “MY Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.” Then Moses said to the LORD GOD, “If YOUR Presence does not go with us, do not bring us up from here. For how then will it be known that YOUR people and I have found grace in YOUR sight, except YOU go with us? So we shall be separate, YOUR people and I, from all the people who are upon the face of the earth.” So the Lord said to Moses, “I will also do this thing that you have spoken; for you have found grace in MY sight, and I know you by name.”
Oh are you in for a treat today. Glory is to GOD for this Wonderful Wednesday. In these versus of scripture are packed full of encouragement, hope and inspiration. This conversation that Moses had with ABBA GOD is no different than the conversation some people have today. The difference here is that; Moses had a right to this type of conversation with the LORD. Today, we should not be making this type of request. But the reason why request like this is still being made today; is because we don’t know what the LORD GOD has promised to HIS kids. So what we are going to do today is dissect these verses of scripture with the New Testament so that we may see where we are today with ABBA GOD. Now what you will need to do is take your Bible and go with me verse by verse because I don’t use the verse numbers when I type the scripture out nor do I read them; scriptures where not written with verses they were written in the same manner as we write today. The numbered scripture is there for our benefit.
1. V12, the foundation of GOD stands strong and sure; not only that but it has a seal. ABBA GOD knows HIS own; if you name the name of CHRIST JESUS and you are a believer, you belong to ABBA GOD and you must depart from sinful ways; 2 Tim. 2:19
2. V13, what is eternal life with ABBA? That you may know the one and only true GOD and HIS SON, CHRIST JESUS whom the LORD GOD sent for and to us, Jhn. 17:3. We need to walk worthy of the LORD, be pleasing to all, be fruitful in our work and increase in the knowledge of the LORD GOD, Col. 1:10. We also must grow in grace in the knowledge of CHRIST JESUS who is our Savior, 2Ptr.3:18. We must think about this; that we are beloved not for our sake; but for the sake of ABBA FATHER, Rom.11:28.
3. V14, the LORD GOD is forever with us, even when this world comes to an end, Mt. 28:20. JESUS desires that we all rest, not lazy rest. But to rest in HIM; let HIM do all the heavy work. All we need to do is inform HIM of the situation and leave it alone. It’s not up to us to prove anything; it’s up to JESUS to do what HE said HE will do, Mt. 11:28. Rest should remain with us but instead worry remains with us. Don’t you know that something is wrong with that picture, Hbr. 4:9?
4. V16, in the very name of JESUS; which is also Emmanuel, HIS name assures us that HE is with us, Mt. 1:23. We have been taken out of the world but who can notice? Some of us still live as if we are a part of the world system instead of the heavenly royal kingdom, 2 Cor. 6:17.
5. V17, I think I may have a handle on why so many of our prayers go unanswered. The first reason, maybe because we are not asking the ABBA FATHER in the name of JESUS. How many of you are asking JESUS for what you need or want? The FATHER is the one to ask and HE will give you what you stand in need of, Jhn. 16:23. The second reason, maybe because we don’t speak with our heavenly FATHER with confidence. How would you ask your earthly father for what you stand in need of or for what you want? Also we must know what the FATHER’s will for us is; don’t go to HIM asking for someone else’s husband / wife; anything that you are addicted to and so on. You will never get it from HIM; but when you ask of HIM according to HIS will and you ask with confidence. Know that you have it and rest in that, 1Jhn.5:14-15.
Grace – favor, gracious, pleasant, precious, well-favored