Whose voice do you follow day in day out? That voice can be the voice of your parents, guardians, pals, unknown enemies or self. That voice can also be the voice of the LORD GOD or the voice of satan. So again; the question is who are you following; whose voice are you following; who leads you?
From the very beginning we are being led by someone; our very first teachers are our parents or guardians. They are to lead us with a foundation of good moral qualities that will establish lawful character and abiding integrity that will follow us throughout the remainder of our lives.
As our parents and or guardians they are hopefully leading us in the way in which we are to go to be abiding and lawful citizens of our country, community and neighborhood. We are mingled with pals and frienemies. They will try to convince us to go along with whatever program is going on at that time. This is called peer-pressure and we must be taught that this really is a trap.
Another person we mingle with is that invisible voice in our head that tells us to do things that we have been told not to do. That voice is the voice of satan. Every time we are being introduced to something that we have doubts about or that we know that we have no business doing and yet we are having a conversation in our minds about it or with another person regarding that thing. That’s satan either using the person or satan speaking directly to us.
If you don’t believe me ask yourself this question; each time I do something that I either know is wrong or believe I know what I’m doing; do I fall? If your answer is yes; read Gen. 3
Now this paragraph is directed to believers. If you are being defeated in life it’s for one reason only. You see you did not make a mistake accepting and believing in JESUS to be your Savior. But you have not made HIM your LORD. You may say you have; you may even sincerely think that you have because you proclaim that HE is your Lord and Savior. Notice the difference? You see when you make JESUS your LORD it’s because you have been filled with HIS Holy Spirit and His indwelling gives you the ability to walk in complete victory over all; every circumstance, situation and trial that comes your way.
Notice here in Luke 2:25-26 how the scripture reads that the Holy Spirit was with him; assured him and was led by the Holy Spirit. There are many references you need to read up on regarding the indwelling of the Holy Spirit of whom we need.
- Daniel 4:8 – the Spirit of the Holy GOD is in him
- Isaiah 63:10 – the Holy Spirit has feelings
- Matthew 3:11 – Holy Spirit baptism greater than water baptism
- Mark 12:36 – the Holy Spirit reveals
- Mark 13:11 – the Holy Spirits instructs us in what to say
- Luke 1:15, 35 – the Holy Spirit fills us up and is on us
- Luke 4:14 – the Holy Spirit gives us power
- Luke 10:21 – the Holy Spirit gives us joy
- Luke 11:13 – the Holy Spirit will come to all who will ask
- Luke 12:12 – the Holy Spirit will teach us
- John 14:26 – the Holy Spirit is our helper
- Acts 2:38 – the Holy Spirit is the LORD GOD’s gift to us
- Acts 6:3, 5 – the Holy Spirits gives us wisdom and increases faith
- Acts 8:29 – the Holy Spirit talks
- Acts 16:6 – the Holy Spirit prevents
- Acts 20:22 – we must obey the Holy Spirit
- Acts 20:23 – the Holy Spirit warns of danger or anything negative
- Romans 9:1 –the Holy Spirit rules the conscience
- Romans 14:17 – the Holy Spirit gives righteousness, peace and joy
- Romans 15:16 – the Holy Spirit is dedicated
- 1 Corinthians 6:19 – the Holy Spirit lives in us
- 1 Corinthians 12:3 – the Holy Spirit judges the heart and mouth
- 2 Corinthians 1:22 – the Holy Spirit marks our heart
- 2 Corinthians 6:6 – the Holy Spirit reveals our true selves
- 2 Corinthians 13:13 – the Holy Spirit gives grace, love and fellowship in JESUS CHRIST with others
- Ephesians 1:13 – the Holy Spirit stamp of ownership
- Ephesians 4:30 – the Holy Spirit sets us free
- Titus 3:5 – the Holy Spirit new birth and new life
- Revelation 21:10 – the Holy Spirit takes control
Now this paragraph is for non-believers. Before you can have the Holy Spirit; you must first come to JESUS the CHRIST. HE’s a wonderful person to know. HE’s the Way, the Truth and the Life and by no means will any person ever get to see the LORD GOD until they receive HIS most Beloved and treasured SON; JESUS. But Shawn, you don’t know what I’ve done; I’ve gone too far to be forgiven or accepted by GOD. Why does HE care about me so very much? Look individuals; there is nothing you can do that will cause JESUS not to forgive you. When JESUS was badly beaten; unrecognizable, flesh torn from HIS body; a bloody mess; nails in both hands and feet; thorns wrapped around HIS head and hanging on display completely naked for every person who was looking on to see HIM from the very highest hill. JESUS said “FATHER forgive them because they don’t know what they are doing.” It’s the same today; we do stupid; ignorant things because we don’t know what it is that we are doing. We think we know but we don’t; if we did; we would not get caught in addictions; carted off to jail or prison; killed and the list goes on from minor to even greater. Sin is sin there is no major or minor sin in the eyes of the LORD GOD.
It’s a known fact that once a sweet little baby begins to formulate some words together and their will begins to take over. We all are surprised when we hear that very first lie. And we all have done at least one of these things if not all.
- Worship no god but ME / sport players; entertainers [actors, music]; family, friends; possessions; employment; addictions.
- Bowing and or worshipping idols / [see points above]
- Blaspheme the name of the LORD GOD / use the name of GOD; JESUS; CHRIST; JESUS CHRIST in profanity or in a negative way
- One day of the week is a day of complete and full rest that is dedicated to the LORD GOD alone
- Respect mother and father or if parents are dead or you have never met them the positive mother and positive father figure in your life
- Do not murder; meaning you thought about killing that person
- Do not commit adultery, sex with another’s spouse; physically or mentally
- Do not steal, take what does legally belong to you
- Do not lie, it’s not the full truth or you don’t speak when you know the truth
- Do not covet , don’t want what belongs to someone else
This is proof that we are in need of a Savior and no matter how good we think we are we are not. The best book in the bible to read is the book of John from beginning to end. I mean I can write until my fingers fall off but I want you to put eyeballs to those precious words on those pages and allow the voice of the Holy Spirit to speak to you. I want you to see yourself and see just how much you are loved and how much JESUS has forgiven and desires to forgive you. HE wants to wash you clean of your past then you can get busy with what I wrote to the believers above. The way out is through CHRIST JESUS today and forever.