A connection, association, or involvement with a person. Connection between persons by blood or marriage. An emotional or other connection between people: the relationship between teachers and students.
1. Dependence, alliance, kinship.
Relationship, kinship refers to connection with others by blood or by marriage. Relationship can be applied to connection either by birth or by marriage: relationship to a ruling family. Kinship generally denotes common descent and implies a more intimate connection than relationship: the ties and obligations of kinship. Marriage or the relationship created by marriage between the families of the bride and bridegroom. A merging of efforts or interests by persons, families.
Union implies an alliance so close and permanent that the separate parties become essentially one.
1. A set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, esp. when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.
2. A specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects: the Christian religion; the Buddhist religion.
3. The body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices: a world council of religions.
4. The practice of religious beliefs; ritual observance of faith.
5. Something one believes in and follows devotedly; a point or matter of ethics or conscience: to make a religion of fighting prejudice.
In 1979 when I accepted JESUS into my life, due to ignorance I became religious.
I followed the set of beliefs that people put before me and I practiced most of the rituals. Thank GOD that the Angels of Heaven would not allow me to participate in every ritual. (Ex. Not wear pants; pray the rosary; confess to man; sit/kneel in the coffin (oops I mean confessional); wear doilies or a hat each time I leave my home & the list goes on.
In 1995 when JESUS spoke directly to me audible I began a relationship with HIM.
I grew hungry for JESUS, The Word of GOD, Loved going to church, sang in the choir, went to school earned degrees and the list goes on. I just wanted to spend more time with JESUS, talk to HIM, listen for HIS voice again and I did. Enjoying the promises that are due me, depended more on my relationship with HIM. I needed wisdom and Godly counsel. I was not going to get this from religion but I was going to get this from my relationship with GOD.
Here are a few easy questions to ask yourself.
Where are you in your relationship with GOD?
Are you religious? Do you have a relationship; are you linked together by Blood; do you spend time with GOD?
Just give it some thought and decide where you are.