This is not necessarily a bad thing. However, what may come from your desire may cause trouble for you. The reality is that all people have a longing or a craving for something that brings us satisfaction. Okay, let’s see if I can make this real plain. Desire is fulfilling a real need in a wrong or correct way. It all depends on what your desire is.
- You have health issues that can be resolved with your eating habits changing. You desire anything that has salt or sugar. That’s a real need. Over eating the required amount that will not continue to harm your health; that’s the wrong way.
- Fulfilling a desire to be a servant everywhere you are is a need. Doing anything just to be seen doing it to get praise and glory is the wrong way.
- To the married people; you are spending a lot of time away from your spouse due to work; school or travel. You have moments of being lonely. That’s a real need; seeking company from anyone other than your spouse is wrong. Get your spouse to you at whatever cost or you get to your spouse.
- To the single people; if you don’t have the gift to be alone. Hurry up and find you a spouse. Women, it’s not for you to find or chase a man so you will have to be where men are where things that are happening are positive. Church; plays; movies; coffee houses; libraries; parks and so on. Do Not enter into night clubs or parties unless it’s something that is given by a fellow brother/sister in the body of CHRIST.
Seek the things that GOD wants for you.
Take delight in The LORD, and HE will give you your heart’s desire. Commit everything you do to The LORD. Trust HIM and HE will help you.
If you find yourself chasing after the wrong desires. GOD has said to you.
I will give you a new heart and I will put a new spirit in you. I will take out your stony, stubborn heart and give you a tender, responsive heart. Ezekiel 36:26
To bring this home to the real is this. Your sinful flesh is the following.
- Sexual immorality
- Lustful pleasures
- Outburst of anger
- Selfish ambition
- Wild parties and other sins like these.
Take it for what it’s worth; if you are purposefully walking in the flesh you will not. You Will Not inherit the Kingdom of GOD. Galatians 5:19-21
I saw satan fall like lightning from heaven. Luke 10:18 Now if satan who was known as Lucifer who dwelled in heaven was kicked out; what makes you think that you will even get in?