When Adam fell, it was not just he himself that fell it was all humans. And because of man’s fall all was and is under sin. The ground became cursed, animals now fear mankind, and mankind will now experience death from the inside out. One of the first acts of disobedience and rebellion we see after man’s fall is in the child of Adam and Eve. Have you ever asked yourself who spoke to him about murdering his very own brother? Where did that passion for killing his brother come from? Sin does not have to teach, cultivated yes, but never taught. We all have that within us. It’s our very nature. Thank you Adam (I say sarcastically). Sure there are many acts of sin many of us will not do, but it does not mean that it’s not there. We know it’s there because at least once in our life we have had a thought to do something that maybe we have not acted on. Our thoughts are a mirror of our heart. This is why it has been so very important then as far back as Adam and Eve until the arrival of JESUS to have faith in HIM. And today nothing has changed, now that HE had once come and now that we look for HIS return we must operate in faith, maybe more so now because they did not have a written scripture to go by. And it was only the Jews that had encounters with GOD. But we have HIS Word in social media, church edifices, libraries, hotel and your cell phone. Literally, we have no excuse.
Though we know that the entire world is in a fallen state, JESUS came as Savior of the world and mankind is the most precious part of the world. More precious than the gems found in the ground, mankind is made in the very image of GOD. And though we are disobedient, our loving FATHER, HE has mercy on us. HE does not want to see us destroyed and this is why JESUS was destroyed for us. Yet, because of the blindness and deafness of sin we don’t realize that JESUS was destroyed for us. When we understand that JESUS has won the battle for us and that we no longer have to struggle in the chains of whatever, then sin will no longer have a grip on us.
The scriptures are for us to study daily, it’s our drink and food. It’s how we grow into the knowledge of who we are in CHRIST JESUS and the victory we have in and through JESUS. We build our relationship with our FATHER in the Word by studying the scriptures. Let’s take a look at some important points.
- Inspiration of GOD – The infusion of ideas into the mind of the Holy Spirit; conveying into the minds of men, ideas, by extraordinary or supernatural influence; the communication of the divine will to the understanding by suggestions or impressions on the mind, which leave no room to doubt the reality of their supernatural origin.
- Profitable for doctrine / teaching – Useful.
- Reproof – Blame, fault, guilt.
- Correction – Bringing back, from error and deviation to a just standard, as to truth, morality, justice and propriety.
- Instruction in righteousness -Teaching or informing the understanding in that of which it was before ignorant information. Applied to GOD, the perfection or holiness of HIS nature; exact morality and faithfulness.
Galatians 3:22; Ro. 11:32; 2 Timothy 3:16
AMFBeM © ® TM