The total work of GOD is delivering us from sin and reconciling us to HIMSELF. Also known as “The Great Salvation”. Hebrews 2:3
Atone from sin or wrongdoing; to make amends or reparation for an offense or a crime of an offender. To become reconciled; agree. Hebrews 10:1-12
- Expiation = Guilt is expiated when it is visited with punishment falling on a substitute. Expiation is made for our sins when they are punished not in us but in another who consents to stand in our place. It is that by which reconciliation is affected.
- Propitiation = GOD is rendered consistent with his character and government to pardon and bless the sinner. The propitiation renders it consistent for him to exercise his love towards sinners. Romans 3:21-26; Hebrews 2:10-18; 1 John 2:1-2 and 1 John 4:7-11
Spiritual awareness causing a person to lead a new life. 1 Corinthians 2:12-14; 15:44-49
- Conversion = spiritual change from sinfulness to righteousness. Acts 15:7-11
Redemption from sin by GOD; repurchase, as of something sold.
- Absolution = a pardon from punishment for sin; which can only be done by JESUS The CHRIST. 1 John 5:7; John 1:1-14
- Remission from sin = Forgiveness. Romans 3:22-26; Ephesians 1:7; Colossians 1:9-18; Hebrews 9:14-15